Search This Blog

WELCOME!

I have been blogging on and off since 2011. I love to explore all different types of styles, so there will something for everyone.

I include the designer's name so if the landmark is outdated, you can look up the store easier. I also try to use windlight settings that show the true appearance of items, but keep in mind that something may look different on you than it did in my photo. Larger pictures are on Flicker.

Many free items and deals are available for a limited time so don't wait!


Wednesday, August 21, 2013

42 Second Life Groups Challenge!


This week, Strawberry Singh's meme is the 42 Second Life Groups Challenge
Meme Instructions: Answer the following questions about groups and share some of your favs with us. Don’t forget to leave your link in the comments!

Have you reached the 42 group limit?
Yes, I have reached it several times.

Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of?
Yes.  I have to because I show a lot of group gifts on my blog.  If  I really like a store, I will stay in the group. 

Be careful when leaving groups you like, sometimes a designer will start charging a group fee that never did before!  Last year, I needed a break from SL and did not log on for 5 months.  When I returned, I was very surprised to see many of my groups were no longer free to new members. 

What makes you want to join a group?
Most of the time it is for gifts.  If I find out about a group that is free to join for a limited time I will join and wait to see if it has anything good to offer!     

When I use to roleplay, I was a member of several roleplay groups.  There were a couple of clubs I enjoyed so I was member of their groups to keep up to date with DJs. 

A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees?
If a group has a fee, then it should reward members with gifts (either monthly or change regularly) and offer store discounts.  I know of groups that charge 250L or more and are really not worth using a group slot, much less paying to join it.

If a designer occasionally sets out a gift, I think it would be more appropriate to only charge a group fee when a gift is available.   

I think gifts from free groups are blogged much more than ones from a group with a join fee.  There have been several times I have seen a gift I would like to show in a post but did not because there was a group fee.

I am currently in 38 groups and 18 of those groups have a fee. 

Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that.

 The following groups give notices on freebies, and sometimes there are gifts in the notices:

Fashion Trend
--> PixelGasm <--
Lucky Chair Stalkers
Mejora tu Apariencia
THE HELL GROUP

(Click here to see my list of great places to get freebies.)

The following groups are not free to join but give a lot of gifts:

Womenstuff or Menstuff (each has 50L fee)
Gives access to the gifts at the Womenstuff or Menstuff lounge.
WoW Skins (250L fee)
Monthly group gifts and previous gifts are still available.  Need to be group member to win MM boards and lucky boards prizes. 
Baby Monkey Shoes (250L fee)
Very generous with group gifts.  Gifts may be fatpacks, group exclusives, clothes, jewelry and misc stuff and they change regularly.  The number of gifts available at a time vary.  In December, has 12 days of gifts. 
Chop Zuey (350L fee)
Offers gifts for both men and women.  Gifts usually change regularly.  Also has 12 days of gifts in December.  If you can't afford the fee, the designer does offer a couple of gifts for non-members.  Also, get gift at Sky Boutique (second store designer owns).         
 
See some of the current group gifts from Chop Zuey and Baby Monkey here
 
Credits:

Hair with hat - ++AY.LinE++ group gift (free)

Skin - .::WoW Skins::. August group gift (250L fee)

Eyes - Mayfly group gift (free)

Shirt *mesh* - N@N@ gift in Fashion Trend group notices *date Aug 19th* (free)
Notices only last 14 days

Pants *mesh* - FLG store mini hunt gift (free) ends Sept 9th
Need to be group member (free)

Ring - [DDL] group gift (free) 

Shoes - BALKANIK2.0 CITY group gift (free)
Fatpack of colors & designs

Pose - =IZUMIYA= group gift (free)
Set of 6 poses

Shape - CS Shapes "Holly" current group gift (250L fee)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment